Admission & Hours
Experience the ocean and rainforest in land-locked South Dakota.
*Plus 9% sales tax
10 AM - 4 PM
*Last entry at 3:30, building clears at 4:00
Located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, & Christmas Day
Things to Know Before You Arrive...
In accordance with USDA PPQ guidelines, the following rules are in place for the safety of our animals:
- No strollers
- No outerwear, including hooded sweatshirts & jackets
- No food, snacks, gum, or drinks
- No sippy cups, bottles, or closed containers, except for water
- No large purses, backpacks, diaper bags, or baby carriers
- Age 17 & under must be accompanied by an adult for entry into the facility
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, only trained service animals are permitted within the facility. Pets, exotic species, therapy animals, and emotional-support animals are not permitted. Due to the lack of physical barriers between collection animals and service animals, trained service animals are restricted from the Butterfly Conservatory.
To meet USDA PPQ requirements for the safety of our animals, no strollers are allowed within the facility.*
*We are happy to accommodate strollers and wheelchairs required to meet medical needs.
Children under 13 years old must be supervised by an adult at all times.